Monday, April 28, 2008

National Scrapbooking Day

May 3 is National Scrapbooking Day, and to celebrate I'm having a sale in both my stores. ALL my products will be marked 35% off, including commercial use items! This sale will only run May 3-4, so don't miss out!

I want to tell you about the new mega kit available at SAS - April Showers. It's so cute and sweet and FULL of goodies - 83 papers and 163 elements! You can grab this kit on sale for $6.95 now but act soon because the price will be going up.

I just got back from Reno this weekend where David's jazz band competed, and took first place in their division. Yay!! They're finishing the school year with a bang. They played in the command performance at the big arena (at the university) in the evening, and here's a photo I snapped of David playing his solo on "the big screen."


David's the last trumpet player on the left. (Weird lighting because of the stage lights.)

I've been having so much fun playing with my new camera. Huge THANKS to my friend Jenn, who spent about 2 hours giving me a crash course on photography and showing me the bells and whistles on my camera. I took a field trip to my backyard, and here are some photos I took. They are unaltered. I am loving the detail, crispness, and depth of field going on here:

I still have so much to learn and much practicing to do, but it's a start. :)

Well, it's Wednesday and you know what that means... a freebie! I have a mini-kit for you just to celebrate spring. Enjoy this gift and please don't share the link. Click here.

4 comments:

txbubbles said...

Tootling through on the blog train! Awesome photos, and thanks so much for the goodies!
Vicki

Nani said...

YAY David! I love those uniforms for the jazz band!

I'm glad to hear that you and the new camera are getting to know each other well! hehe :)

Darlene Haughin said...

You know what, Nani? Those aren't actually uniforms. Those "hats" are really "mutes" used to alter the sound coming from the horns (see the trombone players sitting down in front). They just put them on their heads when they weren't using them. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary with DSO! Those photos you took with your new camera are awesome!